[singlepic id=2061 w=300 h=260 float=right]
It’s been over a month since my vise saw a hook, things have been packed tightly away and stuck in the corner. Over the past few days I’ve spent a bit of time here and there putting everything back in its place. To make sure I can still tie up a few I passed on the dry flies for the time being and started simple with a traditional Pheasant Tail Nymph, something easy to get the vise warmed up and the thread spinning. I used a light olive wood duck feather to form the tail/body/wing case and a new dubbing blend I picked up a while back to form the thorax. I moved to a larger #12 Golden Stonefly Nymph pattern that I’ve been meaning to get into my box for larger trout water. A half dozen of each was just enough time at the vise to get things loosened up, I’ll be spending quite a bit of time hanging out behind the vise over the next couple of months.
[singlepic id=2059 w=495 h=415 float=center]
You really do some nice work with your flies. Your golden stone pattern would do quite well right now with low water steelies.
Very nice. I really like the golden stonefly. That looks like it would save the day more than once. I look forward to seeing more flies coming out. Thanks for sharing.